2.2.10

how to live

I'm a few weeks into my PhD and it's not going too badly at the moment. There's a pile of books on my desk with dramatic covers, journal articles scattered across my floor and on my computer, and I'm starting to find some direction. I'm not really planning to use this blog for research at the moment, but that'll probably change once I start locking down my area of study.

But while I was wikipedia-ing Simon Critchley - who apparently is something like the James Cameron of philosophy at the moment – during my research, I came across this ridiculously awesome blog How to Live, and it'd be remiss of me not to share it with you all.

The blog was founded by Nemonie Craven and Shahidha Bari in an attempt to produce 'essays, images and arguments for a practical philosophy for life':

How to Live provides philosophical resources for those interested in asking vital questions about love, sex, art, literature, ethics, politics, friendship, war, violence, architecture, religion, walking, gardening, crying and laughing.

It's a cracking idea, and they've managed to coerce the likes of Simon Critchley and Slavoj Zizek amongst others, to lend a paragraph or two.

So if you’ve got a spare five minutes, I recommend dropping over there to read some thoughts on life, love, Elbow, and Welsh-in-Italics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment